If you have are considering transferring a Sharebuilder account, click here for instructions
To transfer your account from another brokerage:
- Complete our ACAT form (PDF)
- Include a copy of your most recent brokerage statement.
Before sending us your ACAT (Automated Customer Account Transfer Service) form please ensure the following:
- Your outside brokerage account and your SogoTrade account types (e.g. individual or joint, cash or margin) are identical.
- The account holder(s) names of the two accounts are the same.
Please note: If you are transferring assets from an outside joint brokerage to an individual SogoTrade account or if you are transferring from an outside individual brokerage into a joint SogoTrade account, please be aware that a letter of authorization from one or both account holders might be requested in order to process the transfer.
Fax or mail the ACAT form and statement to
1 McBride and Son Center Drive, Suite 288
Chesterfield, MO 63005
- Most account transfers are sent via ACAT and take approximately seven (7) to ten (10) business days.
- Residual balances with the delivering brokerage firm after the transfer is completed will follow in approximately ten (10) to thirty (30) business days.
- For questions regarding residual sweeps, please contact the transferor firm directly.
- Transfers that cannot be accomplished via ACATS generally take approximately three (3) to six (6) weeks to complete. However, this time frame is dependant upon the transfer and may take longer.
- Some financial institutions charge a fee for ACAT transfers. This fee might be deducted from the account you are transferring automatically.
Types of securities that you can transfer from an outside brokerage account:
Foreign Stocks: Yes, Please contact customer support at 1646-885-6486 for more information
Over the Counter Bulletin Board Stocks (OTCBB): Yes, OTC bulletin board stocks can be transferred to your SogoTrade account.
Pink Sheet Stocks: Yes, While SogoTrade does not offer Pink Sheet stock trading, Pink sheet stocks can be transferred to your SogoTrade account and positions can be liquidated through broker-assisted trades. The minimum commission charge is $27 dollars. Prior to transferring this type of stock, please contact us regarding stock eligibility and details. Keep in mind, for broker assisted orders of stocks traded at less than $1.00 per share, the commission is ½% of the principal value subject to a $27 minimum.
Bonds: No, Please provide SogoTrade with the bond CUSIP number prior to sending an ACAT form.
Mutual Funds: No, SogoTrade currently does not support the transfer of Mutual Funds
Stock Certificates: Yes, Stock certificates can be transferred to SogoTrade. Please contact customer support at 1646-885-6486 for more details.
Money Market Funds: No, SogoTrade currently does not support the transfer of Money Market Funds.
Options: Yes, SogoTrade support the trading of Options.